Gal Gadot is best known for her role as Wonder Woman in 2017. She is also a martial artist, pageant winner, and model. Here are some fascinating facts you might not know about Gal Gadot.
- Gal Gadot was born in Israel and passed through a lot of hardships in childhood. She said that “We didn’t have cell phones. You would go in the afternoon to see friends, just walk to their house, knock on the door, and ask for a play date.”
- She entered the army at the age of 20 and served two years in Israel Defense Forces before entering into films. Gadot believes that her military background gave her the confidence to take up the role of Gisele in Fast and Furious.
- Gadot won the crown of Miss Israel beauty pageant at 18 in 2004. Later, she also represented her country in Miss Universe the same year.
- She started her job as a caregiver and later she worked as a combat instructor before entering the film industry. Gadot once said that “I was a combat instructor. I was never on the field doing anything dangerous or with weapons. I was in the gym training soldiers and keeping them in shape. I did that for two years. I did learn to use a weapon in boot camp. But I was never in a situation where I had to use one.”
- She was five months pregnant while filming Wonder Woman back in 2016. With the help of Computer-Generated Imagery(CGI) technology, her baby bump was edited in Wonder Woman.