Anne Hathaway is a gorgeous actress who rose to prominence in 2001 for her role as Mia Thermopolis in The Princesses Diaries. She also received Primetime Emmy Award in 2010 for playing “Princess Penelope.” Continue reading to learn more interesting facts about Anne Hathaway.
- Hathaway wanted to become a nun during her childhood days. She once said, “ When I was younger, I thought about becoming a nun for a while.” Anne was raised with very strong principles as a Roman Catholic by her family.
- At 13, she started acting by joining a theatre group and working on commercials at that period. With her parent’s help, she attended auditions in New York until the family moved to Los Angeles.
- Anne Hathaway always maintains a close friendship with Les Miserables co-star, Hugh Jackman. She compliments him in her acceptance speech after winning the Oscar for Fantine’s role in Les Miserables by saying that “He is so much fun, and I say this with my whole heart, to know him is a joy.”
- Hathaway’s nickname is Annie in childhood and she still uses it today among her closest friends. “And I’m like, well it should be my name – my name is Anne Hathaway… and that seemed like the right choice, but it never occurred to me that for the rest of my life people would call me Anne,” she told Jimmy Fallon in an interview.
- She always liked to wear vintage clothes. Hathaway paid $15 for a vintage dress to attend Robin Robert’s interview on ABC News.