E-cigarette explodes in teen’s mouth disembarking his jaw

A teenager was smoking a vape pen when it exploded right into his mouth. It left a hole in his chin with several of his teeth going missing.

Jonathan Skirko, the surgeon who operated on the boy told that the damage looked like a close-range gunshot wound. Another pediatric surgeon Katie W. Russell told that the scale of the injury was quite big comparing it to a high-speed motor vehicle crash.

Vaping is the new craze among adolescents. Nicotine continues to hook generation after generation, but the only thing that has changed is how we take it in. And people have already started moving from cigarettes to Vaping.

As per reports from Tobacco control, 2,035 e-cigarette explosion and burn injuries in a span of two years from 2015 to 2017. The source of explosions in the vapes can be attributed to the lithium-ion batteries found in e-cigarettes.

An alarming stat by the CDC shows that even non-smokers who’ve never been exposed to tobacco before are into vaping. The CDC warns people against vaping as they contain addictive nicotine and other potentially harmful substances.

The agency advises youth, young adults, pregnant women, or adults who do not currently use tobacco products on e-cigarettes, stating it’s not as safe as they might think. Adding to that, exploding batteries are now another source of concern.


Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

    You’ll make a decent serial killer if you have most of these qualities

    The plague that made medieval people dance to death