You should be proud of the things you have done if Friends and The Big Bang Theory had been on your list of sitcom series that you grew up watching. Just so you know that each of these sitcoms have brought with them the decade long flavors of the lifestyles during their respective periods of airing.
Although both these shows have been one of the most-watched ones during their respective timelines and their storylines are completely unrelated there is quite a definitive set of indicators that point to striking similarities between Sheldon Cooper and Chandler Bing that cannot be dismissed.
- For starters, either of them is the most socially awkward person of their respective groups.
- People assumed Chandler was gay and Sheldon as asexual while either of them was not so.
- Either of them had insecurities on the purpose of their careers even though it did not have any financial risks, unlike others who struggled like Joey or Penny on either show for instance.
- Chandler used humor as a self-defense mechanism to cover his socially awkward nature, while Sheldon was unabashedly rude as a cover for the same situation.
- Both of them recurringly made it a point to make fun of their roommate’s flings and sexual relationships.