How much do you know about Alicia Vikander? She was best known for her role in The Danish Girl. Vikander learned to speak Danish for her first major role. Are you eager to know more about her? Continue reading to know some interesting facts about Alicia Vikander.
- Alicia is a trained Ballerina once she was working for Gothenburg Opera. She moved to New York to the practice at School of American Ballet. She ended her dance career in her late teens because of the injuries she sustained.
- She wanted to start her career as a florist instead of an actress. At the age of 8, she participated in the Swedish lip-synch talent show and won first place. From there, she become more interested in acting.
- Vikander appeared in various musicals like The Sound of Music and Les Miserables at the Gothenburg Opera.
- Her work routine for Tomb Raider was extremely hard. She managed to pack up 16 pounds of muscle with the support of trainer Magnus Lygdback. She fully eliminated highly GI food and sugar from her diet.
- She kicked off her acting career with numerous television shows and short films in Sweden. Also, she becomes famous for her role in Andra Avenyn, a popular Swedish TV drama.
- In 2010, she won the Rising Star Award at Stockholm Film Festival. Later, she received Guldbagge Award for Best Actress in 2010 for Pure movie.