Mr. Bean, the character that almost everybody on the planet loves. The man who amazed everyone by his acting gestures without uttering a single word on screen after Charlie Chaplin. We all know almost everything about Mr. Bean but we might have missed to know about Rowan Atkinson, the man who gave life to the character Bean. Continue reading to know some interesting facts about Mr. Bean and Rowan Atkinson.
- The comic character Mr. Bean was originally created and acted by the British actor Rowan Atkinson. The first episode of the “Mr. Bean” television series aired in 1990, and the show ran for five seasons until 1995.
- Rowan Atkinson has stated that he based Mr. Bean’s mannerisms and behavior on the comedic genius of silent film stars like Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.
- Apart from becoming a great hit in Britain, Mr. Bean was also a great hit in over 190 countries because of the no dialogue movie.
- Atkinson’s experiences at Oxford University while pursuing his master’s degree in electrical engineering served as the inspiration for the character.
- Atkinson performed a number of comedy programmes on BBC radio following the success of Mr. Bean.