Although Hollywood had been at the “forefront” when it came to setting the norms on how the movie industry needs to work, the pandemic times under the impact of Covid-19 have just been unprecedented, like ever, across the world. Once the world limps back to normalcy there are five tips and tricks from around the world aka best practices that Hollywood needs to incorporate in the way it does its business.
1. Learn Namaste from Bollywood – No more handshakes anymore even if it is an Hasta la vista moment.
2. Stringent use of PPE – Take some tutoring from the porn industry on how they deal with ensuring the ‘safety’ of their stars with the use of personal protection equipment, irrespective of how deep they’re involved in their roles.
3. Hosting award ceremonies via video conferences – Moving acceptance speech or a dying last speech, the choice is yours.
4. Update the list of superheroes for the future franchise movies – Even though Hollywood has known for creating a universe of superheroes, it needs to retire many and induct a lot more like sanitary works, essential goods and services suppliers, nurses, doctors, virologist, etc
5. Mandate Pandemic insurance for every movie production – Learn from Wimbledon hosts on how they made tons of money even from a canceled event.