BTS is the world’s number-one K-pop band. As you all know, Suga, J-Hope, RM, V, Jungkook, and Jimin are the stars who rule millions of people’s hearts as well as their playlists. Read along to learn some interesting facts about Team BTS.
- Many of you know BTS stands for “Beyond the Scene”, but the actual acronym stands for “Bangtan Sonyeondan” in Korean which means “Bulletproof Boy Scouts”.
- Unlike other bands, BTS always addresses sensitive topics such as suicide, nihilism, women’s empowerment, childhood bullying, societal ideals, and mental illness through their lyrics. Their social service never ended with their lyrics; they donated around 8,950 USD to the families of the 2014 Sewol Ferry Disaster.
- They once campaigned for UNICEF to feed malnourished children, which gained huge attention and raised $1,000,000 in just two days.
- Do you know that RM is the only BTS member who can speak English? RM learned English by watching the famous sitcom series ’Friends’. Amazing, isn’t it?
- The K-pop gang is multi-talented. They can write, compose, edit, and record their own music.
- Do you know V has superpowers? Yes, V can write using both hands. Indeed, superpower!