Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate love and affection with your significant other, friends, and family. Whether you’re looking for a romantic movie to watch with your partner or just looking for some good films to enjoy, here are ten movies to watch on Valentine’s Day.
- The Notebook – This heartwarming tale of a summer romance and a lifelong love is a classic choice for Valentine’s Day. With powerful performances, it’s a must-see for anyone who believes in true love.
- 500 Days of Summer – This quirky indie film follows the ups and downs of a young couple as they navigate their relationship. With its mix of humor, heart, and musical numbers, it’s the perfect pick for couples who want a more unconventional love story.
- When Harry Met Sally – This classic romantic comedy explores the long-standing friendship between two people who eventually fall in love. It’s a timeless movie that remains one of the best Valentine’s Day films of all time.
- Silver Linings Playbook – A romantic comedy-drama about a man who, after a period of mental illness, moves back in with his parents and meets a mysterious woman.
- Maurice – The film takes place in Edwardian England and follows the story of Maurice Hall, a young man who realizes he is gay and struggles to find love and acceptance in a society that disapproves of homosexuality.
- The Fault in Our Stars – A poignant romance about two teenagers who fall in love while battling terminal illness. This heart-wrenching romantic drama follows two young cancer patients who fall in love and learn to appreciate life and love in the face of mortality. The film teaches viewers to cherish their lives and to never give up on love, even in the toughest of times.
- Moana – This animated musical follows the journey of a young Polynesian princess who learns to love and accept herself as she discovers her true identity and purpose.
- Legally Blonde – This classic comedy stars Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods, a determined and confident young woman who pursues her dreams and proves that being true to yourself is the key to happiness.
- Mean Girls – The film follows Cady as she navigates the complexities of fitting in and finding her place among the popular girls, known as the “Plastics”. Along the way, she learns important lessons about self-love and acceptance, as well as the importance of standing up against bullying and cruelty.
- La La Land – This charming musical follows the journey of a struggling actress and a jazz musician as they fall in love in modern-day Los Angeles. With stunning cinematography and enchanting musical numbers, “La La Land” is a timeless romantic masterpiece.
Whether you’re in the mood for a heartwarming romance or a lighthearted comedy, these movies are sure to provide the perfect backdrop for a cozy Valentine’s Day celebration. So grab some popcorn and your loved ones, and enjoy!