As the nation is out protesting on ‘Black Lives Matter’ Kylie Jenner shared in her Instagram stating that her beauty brand has all women workers out of which 13% are black.
The post was received well by few and some went on to criticize saying ‘do better.’ This initiative was part of the ‘Pull Up for Challenge’ were several cosmetic brands revealed how diverse their workforce was.
View this post on Instagram
Kylie Cosmetics is here for Pull Up for Change, for our team, and for the black community. We are proud of the diversity within our company, with a team of Black, White, Asian, Native American, Hispanic and Middle Eastern women. As our team grows we commit to a continued focus on ethnic diversity in the workplace and the recruitment of black employees. The numbers you see above represent the people at our Kylie Cosmetics/Kylie Skin HQ. Our leadership team is made up of two people, @Kyliejenner and @KrisJenner. Thank you @pullupforchange and @heysharonc @uomabeauty for bringing an important issue to the forefront of the conversation in our industry. #PullUpForChange
The reports of the beauty queen’s firm revealed that 47% of them are BIPOC which is ‘Black, Indigenous, People of Color,’ and the rest of about 53% were white.
In the post, the firm stated: “Kylie Cosmetics is here for Pull Up for Change, our team, and the Black community. We’re proud of the diversity within our company, with a team full of Black, White, Asian, Native American, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern women. As our team continues to grow we commit to a focus on ethnic diversity in the workplace and recruitment of Black employees.”
“The numbers that you see above represent the people at our Kylie Cosmetics / Kylie Skin HQ. Our leadership team’s made up of two people, Kylie Jenner and Kris Jenner. Thank you @pullupforchange and @heysharonc @uomabeauty for bringing an important issue to the forefront of the conversation in this industry,” they added.
This idea on having racial workers in the cosmetic industry was initiated by Sharon Chuter the Black American Founder of UOMA Beauty and eventually many including Kylie Cosmetics were invited for the “Pull Up for Change’s,” in social media.
It was seen that most of the firms had only 15% or less black people working for them.
On the post, some followers of the beauty bombshell appreciated for being open and asked her to employ more black people whereas few went on to say: “Hire more. 13% is not enough when African Americans set the trends and standards in the beauty industry,’ and ‘Still more than 50% is white. You can do better.”