When Sony Entertainment announced a sequel to 2018’s God of War, fans were highly excited. After all, God of War managed to gain a huge fanbase with its gripping storyline and jaw-dropping visuals.
The sequel, God of War: Ragnarok, lived up to fans’ expectations and made its way to breaking records in the gaming industry. The game, compatible with PS 4 and 5, launched on November 9 and soon became a highly demanded installment in the market.
God of War: Ragnarok sold 5.1 million copies as of November 13, just five days since its debut, becoming the fastest-selling first-party game in PlayStation history. Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Part II ruled the gaming industry, selling more than four million copies in just three days of release.
The latest installment to the fantasy action-adventure game was also praised by critics, with Metacritic giving it a jaw-dropping 94/100 score.
Fastest-selling first-party games in PlayStation history
- God of War: Ragnarok (2022) – 5.1 million copies in five days
- The Last of Us Part II (2020) – More than 4 million copies in three days
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (2018) – 3.3 million copies in three days
- God of War (2018) – More than 3.1 million copies in three days
- Uncharted: A Thief’s End (2016) – More than 2.7 million copies in a week
God of War: Ragnarok is Out! Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Kratos and Atreus return for the sequel of 2018’s hit game
It is safe to say that Sony has a very loyal fanbase when it comes to video games. The entertainment company released several games in different genres and delivered some of the best games of the generation. Thanks to Sony, we have franchises like Uncharted and The Last of Us.
Adding to the list is God of War (2018), developed by Santa Monica Studio, an action-adventure game about Kratos, the former Greek God of War, and his son Atreus. The game was a massive hit, with fans celebrating the game’s characters, its emotionally driven plot, and jaw-dropping visuals.
Following the impressive success, developers started working on its sequel. Four years later, God of War: Ragnarok was released on PS4 and PS5. Here’s everything you need to know before diving into the world of action and mythology.
- Apart from Greek mythology, God of War: Ragnarok is also loosely based on Norse mythology. If you can recall, Thor, Odin, and Loki are the most famous gods in Norse culture.
- You can visit all nine realms in this game. The realms are Midgard, Alfheim, Asgard, Vanaheim, Niflheim, Muspelheim, Helheim, Svartalfheim, and Jotunheim.
- God of War: Ragnarok takes on average 26-60 hours to complete.
- Complete all side-quests for a better gaming experience.
- Try out the dwarf armor set from Nidavellir, it’s worth it!